[debops-users] enable ip_forward in debops.sysctrl.

Maciej Delmanowski drybjed at drybjed.net
Tue Nov 7 10:35:37 CET 2017

On Nov 07, Jan Kowalsky wrote:
> I want to enable ip forwarding (ipv4/ipv6) for one host. I thought it
> should be enough to set
>
>  sysctl__system_ip_forwarding_enabled: True
>
> But it doesn't work.
>
> What do I wrong?
>
> What I realized: I do not set
>
>   sysctl__system_ip_forwarding_enabled: True
>
> at all, there is an entry:
>
>   net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
>
> set. If I don't set it there is no entry generated at all - which means
> the default (on debian) is active which means "0".

This was recently fixed by this pull request:
https://github.com/debops/debops/pull/23
The role should now correctly enforce forwarding instead of omitting the
parameter in the configuration file.

This change is currently in the main 'debops/debops' repository, but not in
the separate https://github.com/debops/ansible-sysctl/ repository which you
might be using. I plan to eventually export all of the DebOps roles from the
'debops/debops' repository to their separate GitHub repositories, so that they
are available via Ansible Galaxy, but this functionality is not ready yet. For
now, if you need it, you can make the change manually in the role.

Thanks for the issue report,
Maciej