[debops] Newbie

Maciej Delmanowski drybjed at drybjed.net
Thu Oct 15 11:36:12 CEST 2015

On Oct 14, gilbertm at profiledevelopments.com wrote:
> Hi,

Hello and welcome on the mailing list.

> debops init .
> # add server_group_name to ansible/inventory/hosts with the fqdn of the server listed as it's only member
> # It's a Debian Jessie box that I'd started to manually configure but then found debops
> debops --limit server_group_name --ask-sudo-pass --user=username
>
> This runs a 'buncha stuff' and installs nginx, postfix, ruby and mysql
> - along with a core stuff that debops looks after
>
> However I can't seem to get the rails_deploy to be picked up?

You should add your host to [debops_rails_deploy] group, this activates that
role on the host. More documentation can be found here:
http://docs.debops.org/en/latest/ansible/roles/debops.rails_deploy.html

However, it looks like due to recent changes in some roles (MySQL role
replaced by MariaDB, rewrite of PostgreSQL role), current debops.rails_deploy
might not work and will need to be updated.

Cheers,
Maciej